MobilincPro and the Aeotec ZW-095A Energy Meter

Does MobiLinc report a string a numbers (x.x.x.x) for a device you own? Report it here!

MobilincPro and the Aeotec ZW-095A Energy Meter

Postby GJJim » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:11 am

I'm using MobilincPro v4.11 with the ISY994. I recently installed AeoTec's ZW095A (Z-Wave) energy meter and it works well on the ISY. When I look at the device in MobilincPro, the information display is quite limited, and there doesn't seem to be any control to refresh or update the readings from the meter. Is there some limitation that prevents MobilincPro from displaying the same data shown on the ISY screen?
GJJim

Re: MobilincPro and the Aeotec ZW-095A Energy Meter

Postby AdminWes » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi GJJim,

Does the energy use appear under "Energy" in the slide out menu? If not, can you send us some screenshots of what you do see in MobiLinc vs the Admin Console to support@mobilinc.com?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby GJJim » Mon May 01, 2017 7:42 am

AdminWes wrote:Hi GJJim,

Does the energy use appear under "Energy" in the slide out menu? If not, can you send us some screenshots of what you do see in MobiLinc vs the Admin Console to support@mobilinc.com?

Wes

Wes,

Yes, the energy meter was added to MobilincPro and the slide out menu pulls up the display shown in the first image. I've added a screen shot of the console display from the ISY for comparison. Note the extra data fields and the query/reset button controls that are available on the ISY screen. It would be useful if the MLP display could mirror these functions.

Thanks

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (109.79 KiB) Viewed 15865 times

image.tiff
image.tiff (49.19 KiB) Viewed 15865 times
GJJim

Postby AdminWes » Mon May 01, 2017 8:25 am

Thanks GJJim,

The Energy view in MobiLinc is designed to show you per channel with a pie chart what your exact energy usage is at that moment. This was designed around how the Brultech and other in-panel energy monitors work for whole home energy monitoring. These devices auto-report their current energy levels at a predetermined rate that the ISY picks up and transmits to clients like MobiLinc.

For these newer Z-Wave devices that may not auto-report their current energy use, what I recommend is that you write a simple ISY program that queries the Z-Wave device every 30 or 60 seconds. That way the ISY is always getting a stream of current energy readings that can be passed to MobiLinc when viewing your energy use in MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby GJJim » Mon May 01, 2017 9:25 am

OK, that makes sense, I'll try the program running on the ISY to refresh the data. The Aeotec energy meter differs in architecture from the Brutech and others in that there are no "channels" for specific loads. It only looks at the total energy going into the breaker panel. The pie chart on the MLP energy menu is probably not the best way to format the data when there is only a single channel...
GJJim

Return to Device Support in MobiLinc