Amcrest IP2M-841 Support

Post any new feature requests you'd like to see with our IP Camera support.

Re: Amcrest IP2M-841 Support

Postby bojangs » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:32 am

Hey Wes,

Any progress on the PTZ support for the Amcrest? I'm not sure if Barry ever sent you his info but I can send mine over if you wanted to dig into it more.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

[UPDATE] Well I managed to get this working pretty easily with GET commands--just issue a start and an immediate stop to get it to do an incremental move (or get more precise with the PTZ moveDirectly commands).

http://<cameraip>/cgi-bin/ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=Right&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0
http://<cameraip>/cgi-bin/ptz.cgi?action=stop&channel=0&code=Right&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0

I haven't played with the zoom APIs but the Amcrest documentation is pretty good. What do you think, Wes? Doable?
bojangs

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:11 am

Thanks for the PTZ sample commands. I've updated the MobiLinc Amcrest profile with these (guessed as to up/left/down).

To get the updated profile, open MobiLinc and go to your camera's settings in MobiLinc.
Select "Camera Type"
Select "Refresh"
Verify version 276 or later is installed
Select "Amcrest"
Walk through the setup of your camera. On the PTZ page, Profile 1 matches the commands below.

Let me know how that works for you.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby bojangs » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:31 am

Thanks Wes, this is a good start! =)

I grabbed library 277 and the basic Up, Down, Left, and Right controls are all working, but releasing the direction pad doesn't seem to send a stop command, the camera just keeps panning until it maxes out in the direction it was going. Also, the diagonal controls aren't working yet (I'm not sure if you tried to add them but they're LeftUp, LeftDown, RightUp, and RightDown).

Oh, here's a link to the Amcrest spec if you cared to have a look:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/215199368/AMCREST_HTTP_API_SDK_V2.10.pdf

Thanks again for getting this going, great products and absolutely fantastic support!
bojangs

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:33 pm

Is there a generic stop command? The one that was posted is specific to a direction which will not work with MobiLinc. I'm out of the office until Tuesday and can look at the PDF then, or if you know what the generic STOP command should look like, please let me know.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby bojangs » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:28 pm

I can't find a universal stop but any of the directional stops work for me. I issued a start LeftUp and a stop Down and it worked.

http://xxxx/cgi-bin/ptz.cgi?action=start&channel=0&code=LeftUp&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0
http://xxxx/cgi-bin/ptz.cgi?action=stop&channel=0&code=Down&arg1=0&arg2=1&arg3=0
bojangs

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Great! Thank you for those. I've added the diagonal commands and the stop command you have listed below.

Grab version 278 and make sure to select "Amcrest" from the list after confirming 278 or later is installed and give it a try again.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby bojangs » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Just grabbed 278 and the standard Up/Down/Left/Right commands are all working perfectly now! Unfortunately none of the diagonal commands are working yet, no movement whatsoever in any direction.
bojangs

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:47 am

Ah, my fault. I switched LeftUp to UpLeft. Ok, try it again. Make sure DB version 279 or later is downloaded and reselect "Amcrest" from the list.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby bojangs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:11 am

Haha, I almost mentioned that but I figured you'd sort it out! =P All the controls are working beautifully now, thanks so much.

How about other functions like zoom, presets, etc.? I'll keep validating the commands and sending them to you if you're willing to keep integrating. I also have a few Foscams (8910s and 9821s), same offer applies if there are other features you want to pull in but just don't have the time figure out the command set.
bojangs

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:40 pm

Excellent!

Yes, I can certainly add in the extra commands. MobiLinc can accept the following features (if I have the right commands) for the following Pan/Tilt/Zoom featured cameras:

Pan/Tilt for up, down, left, right, and diagonals
Zoom In
Zoom Out
Zoom Stop (if different from Pan/tilt stop)
Presets 1-8

The Foscam cameras *should* be supported, but may be missing presets on the pan/tilt if you want those added.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Previous

Return to New Feature Requests