MobiLinc Disconnect. Attempting to reconnect to ISY.

Post any feedback or questions you have regarding the MobiLinc Connect Service!

MobiLinc Disconnect. Attempting to reconnect to ISY.

Postby jkh21 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:57 am

Mobilinc Connect had been working fine from my iPhone for a long time.

Recently I upgraded my ISY 99ri PRO to 4.5.4 and I started getting errors from Mobilinc on my iPhone.

"MobiLinc Disconnect. Attempting to reconnect to ISY."

It seems like it connects successfully for a few seconds, giving me the status of devices and maybe letting me issue one control command successfully, then gives the error.

I've tried rebooting everything (ISY, iPhone, router) and logging out/in to Mobilinc. No success.
jkh21

Re: MobiLinc Disconnect. Attempting to reconnect to ISY.

Postby AdminWes » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:39 am

Hi jkh21,

I responded to your support email, reproduced here for everyone else:

Please try the following (especially the port forward rule removal):

- If your ISY is DHCP IP assigned (default) please reboot your network equipment including your router and modem, and then reboot your ISY. Wait 5 minutes and try MobiLinc again.
- If your ISY is fixed IP assigned, please use the Google Open DNS IP for the ISY's DNS IP address: 8.8.4.4
- Try updating your ISY to the latest ISY firmware 4.5.1 or later: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topi ... -official/
- If you have any port forward rules setup in your router that point to the ISY, please turn these off.
- If you open the ISY’s Admin Console and go to Help->About and see that “Internet Access” is “Enabled”, go to File->Disable Internet Access to turn off. This is a UPnP feature that is opening up a port forward rule in the router. This should be “Disabled” for MobiLinc Connect.

If after performing the above your ISY does not reconnect, please send me the following:
- A screenshot of the ISY’s Admin Console->Help->About page.
- The ISY’s Error Log

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby cigar52 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:54 pm

Mobilinc - I followed your directions without success in connecting. I am unable to attach error log as a TXT file. Thanks in advance for your help.

Murray

I have fiddled (technical term) with the ios and it now is connected... thanks...
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (1).png (199.66 KiB) Viewed 9179 times
cigar52

Postby AdminWes » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:02 am

Thanks Murray,

In the future, you can contact us at support@mobilinc.com for quicker response.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback