Help with Resource Manager, Night & Motion Sensed Timing

Post your feature suggestions and questions here!

Help with Resource Manager, Night & Motion Sensed Timing

Postby Leecast » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi! My understanding is that the Resource Manager can allow one to have a scene only execute at night. This is a cool function as programs on the ISY seem to respond more slowly than scenes triggered by motion detection.

I think I essentially understand how Resource Manager works, but I am not seeing a way to do something I believe to be relatively simple. I wonder if it is possible, or if I am simply missing something.

Here is the scenario...

1. Four Insteon 2477D switches are on a single, 5-way circuit. They each have the ability to switch on/off a set of can lights on my inside balcony. I have grouped them into a scene and they work perfectly.

2. In introducing an Insteon MS, it is able to get them to turn on just fine, and they turn off as I wish. However, I do not want them coming on and wasting power during the day when there is plenty of natural light.

3. I have the sensor and scene set to run for 60 seconds when motion is sensed, which is plenty of time to get around the balcony with the lights on.

4. I understand that ISY natively cannot be set to only allow scenes to fire are night, so this aspect of Mobilinc is of interest to me.

In trying to set up Resource Manager to run Night Settings and include motion detection, I am not seeing a way to only have this scene fire for 60 seconds and not run longer, or any other time than night when motion is sensed.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Lee
Leecast

Re: Help with Resource Manager, Night & Motion Sensed Timing

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi Lee,

Can you send me a screenshot of your Resource Manager settings for the scene to support@mobilinc.com?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Leecast » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi Wes, and thanks for your speedy reply!

I have no problem sitting down and hacking on this, and I can send a screen shot later if need be, but my initial question boils down to this:

"Can Mobilinc allow an ISY scene to run only at night, triggered by Insteon motion sensor, that will only turn on lights and run for 45 seconds when motion is detected, and not run longer than that or any other time at all?"

In looking at the interface, it was not clear to me that I could specify it running for that short of a period, and that the scene would not be turning on and running for some period without motion detection.

I deleted what I had initially as it did not seem to be working the way I wanted. More wanting to know logistically if this can be done. It looked like Orchestrated Mobilinc has a minimum 5 minutes for some aspect of night operation.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Lee
Leecast

Postby AdminWes » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi Lee,

5 minutes is the minimum time window to leave the lights on after getting tripped by motion at night.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Leecast » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:19 pm

Bummer. That was what I was thinking it to be. I hate to run anything longer than I need to. I use so much electricity that I try to use tech to minimize run times.

Any reason for such a long window? Any other way you can think of that I might check into for working around?

Thanks!
Lee
Leecast

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:43 am

We've never had anyone request shorter than 5 minutes. That's the real answer there.

Once you create the resource manager program, you can hand edit the timeout on that program via the Admin Console to whatever time you'd like. Just be aware, that you won't be able to use Resource Manager in MobiLinc to make future edits on that hand-edited scene since it no longer is managed by MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Leecast » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:48 am

Nice! I did not realize that Mobilinc is authoring the coding back on the ISY side. Cool that you were able to figure out a way to run scenes only at night. Not aware of a way to do that directly in ISY.

Also, while on the topic, I used to subscribe to the ISY portal before moving over to Mobilinc's. Can you guide me to directions on how I can use ours to remotely use Admin Console? I saw somewhere it is possible, just have not revisited yet.

Thanks very much for your time and help, Wes!

Lee
Leecast

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:58 am

Thanks Lee!

For Admin Console access via MobiLinc Connect through your PC or MAC:
REQUIREMENT: Active MobiLinc Connect paid subscription. Will not be active under the free trial.

Go to: https://admin.mobilincconnect.com/isy/0021b9xxxx
Replace xxxx with your ISY’s UUID.
This will redirect to the current server your ISY is attached to.
Make note of the server IP and open the Admin Console->ISY Finder.
Add the following to the ISY Finder: https://SERVER-IP/isy/00:21:b9:xx:xx:xx/desc
When logging in, use your MobiLinc Connect Email address and MobiLinc Connect password.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Leecast » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:06 am

Perfect! Thanks as always for your timely responses!

Also, as I am in the 30-day period, and plan to subscribe, will I lose any of the 30 days of credit should I subscribe before that period ends?
Leecast

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:02 am

You won't lose credit, but PayPal will auto-renew 365 days from your subscription start date. Just so you are aware.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Next

Return to Feature Requests and Questions