Reports of MobiLinc not working on iOS4

Information Regarding MobiLinc and iOS4

Re: Reports of MobiLinc not working on iOS4

Postby shelbow » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:34 pm

shelbow wrote:
AdminWes wrote:Hi shelbow,

The only thing happening at that point when MobiLinc is configured to talk to the SmartLinc 2412N is on startup, if you are on Wi-Fi, MobiLinc talks to the SmartHome servers to find your SmartLinc and verify that the same SmartLinc and IP address match what the SmartHome SmartLinc servers have as the local IP address for your SmartLinc. The SmartLinc device pings the SmartHome servers once a day with it's updated IP address.

When MobiLinc stops on Loading Profile... use a local computer and go to the following address:
http://smartlinc.smarthome.com/getInfo.asp

This is the same site the MobiLinc is attempting to reach. Verify that the local IP listed here is the same as the IP in MobiLinc for your SmartLinc (This can be found in the settings area on your iPhone/touch/iPad.)

Can you connect over 3G? This method bypasses the smarthome servers since the device isn't connected via Wi-Fi.

Wes

Hi Wes Thanks for the help,did a factory reset on the smartlinc,three times and reloaded the software the same! Seems to work now! Keeping my fingers crossed!LoL!

LOL! guess I spoke too soon! Starting to think the prob is with the 2412n! when i click on the "im at home" My computer cant find it.Unplug it,give it a minute, plug it back in, and then it works!
shelbow

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:41 am

Hi shelbow,

I would agree. It does sound like the SmartLinc. From a computer you should always be able to get to the SmartLinc, if that route doesn't work, then MobiLinc won't stand a chance. Can you contact SmartHome to get you a replacement under warrenty?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby RichardK » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:05 pm

Wes: I checked and I am running version "3.0 Build Jul 15 2009". Any suggestions?
RichardK

Postby AdminWes » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:28 am

Hi Richard,

Let's clarify the problem.

Based on what I was reading from your previous post it sounds like you can enter an X10 address in the SmartLinc and that works no problem. How do you do this? Is this a custom scene command? If it is, this is a known bug with MobiLinc and a fix will be released very soon (this week) to Apple.

By entering an X10 device into MobiLinc, this works as well.

Using the downloaded device this doesn't work. Can you clarify this? The SmartLinc doesn't link X10 devices, so any downloaded devices would be Insteon devices with an address: xx.xx.xx. What address is MobiLinc reporting? Or is this a scene that won't work?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby midrar » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:43 am

I see that Apple released a new update for iOS4 version 4.0.2. Has there been any reports of MobiLinc not working in this version or am I safe to download. Thanks
midrar

Postby AdminWes » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:07 am

Hi there,

I can say that I have received NO reports of MobiLinc not working on iOS 4.0, 4.0.1, or 4.0.2 on the current release of MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby RichardK » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:18 pm

Wes:

I enter a custom command into the SmartLinc. The custom command works fine when initiated through the SmartLinc GUI but not through MobiLinc. But if there is a bug that prevents the custom command from being executed from MobiLinc, then it sounds like that is the problem. I will look forward to the update. I am slowly converting from the X10 modules to the Insteon modules which I think is the real way to go. Thank you.
RichardK

Postby AdminWes » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:11 am

Hi Richard,

Looks like that's the issue then. Apple is in review of version 2.16.00 and expect approval any day now. 2.16.00 should fix the custom scene command with the SmartLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby RichardK » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:53 am

Wes:

I downloaded the new MobiLinc version and ran into a bug. When I did a full sync to SmartLinc it hung with the following message " Please Wait - Parsing Scene Properties for Address 227" I will probably have to re-boot my iPhone to end. It has been showing this message for 30 minutes. Thank you.

Richard.
RichardK

Postby AdminWes » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:30 am

Hi Richard,

On iPhone4 tap the big circle button to go to the home screen. Now double tap that big circle button and press and hold the MobiLinc icon. Once it starts to shift tap the minus sign to force it to close. No reboot necessary. All other iOS devices if you hit the big circle button the running app will force close.

Please unplug the SmartLinc and let it rest for 30 seconds. Plug the SmartLinc back into the wall and wait another 30 seconds. Try to sync MobiLinc with the SmartLinc. Does it hang on the same message?

227 is a large scene number. My guess is that you don't have 227 scenes in your SmartLinc, but please confirm.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MobiLinc and iOS4