Alexa skills

Post any feedback or questions you have regarding the MobiLinc Connect Service!

Alexa skills

Postby erodrigu » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:19 pm

For the past few days I am not able to run the "Going to Bed" MobiLinc" voice program. Every time I say "Alexa, tell MobiLinc I'm Going to Bed", Alexa responds with "Sorry the Mobilink skills no longer available, you can find more skills in Alexa". No problem with this command for @ least a year. No problem controlling any scenes or individual "items". MobiLinc SmartHome skill is enabled & Linked. Any suggestions?
erodrigu

Re: Alexa skills

Postby AdminWes » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:58 am

Hi erodrigu,

We removed the old "MobiLinc" skill as our "MobiLinc Smart Home" skill replaces all the functionality plus is tightly integrated with Alexa Smart Home.

To migrate your "Going to Bed" action, link the MobiLinc Smart Home skill and setup an Alexa routine in the Alexa app. Here you can set a custom voice spoken phrase like "we're going to bed" and have Alexa fire off the commands to your home like turning off lights, etc when an Echo hears: "Alexa, we're going to bed." You no longer need to say "Alexa, tell MobiLinc..."

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby erodrigu » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:01 am

Thanks Wes. Since I have the MobiLinc Smart Home skill already linked, I only have to setup the Alexa routine. I will try that when I get back home. Thanks again.

Edgar
erodrigu

Postby erodrigu » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:06 am

Can you add Mobilinc programs to the routine actions? I have available most of the "original" programs under "Control Device", but not some programs I added recently? Also when I add a "wait time", it adds it to the end of the routine, not able to add it to the middle. Is there a way to do this?
erodrigu

Postby AdminWes » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:26 am

Hi erodrigu,

Make sure your programs are added under the "Voice" folder of your Program list. Click Save. Wait 5 minutes. Then say "Alexa, discover devices"

Not sure I can comment on the Alexa Route feature of "wait time." I don't have any visibility into the Alexa app or what Amazon is doing there for their routine feature.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby erodrigu » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:31 pm

Thanks for the help. I was confused because most of the "original" programs available under "Control Device", are not in the voice folder. Maybe remnants from using the old MobiLinc skill. From now on I will add new programs to the"Voice" folder. I will be able to add the "wait time" in the program. I will still try to figure out if the "wait time" can only be the last step of a routine.Thanks.

Edgar
erodrigu

Postby AdminWes » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:15 am

Hi Edgar,

I'm guessing they were left over from the previous skill.

For wait time, if you add this in the ISY program, you can add it as the last step, but the ISY ignores it. So, if you want to add in a delay directly in the ISY program, make sure to add it between other commands.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby erodrigu » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi Wes:
The "Going to Bed" action/program that I had created in MobiLinc, had a delay in between the commands so that should not be any problem. BTW I found out that even though the "Wait Time" action is always added to the end of the routine, you can drag actions (using the the bars on the right side) to re-arrange the sequence. I like to add MobiLinc programs to the routines, rather than "individual" actions in the Alexa app. Thanks.

Edgar
erodrigu

Postby AdminWes » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:29 pm

Thanks, Edgar!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feedback