Dashboard toggle

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Dashboard toggle

Postby henrybowman » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:22 pm

I just discovered this forum today, and in browsing it, I see a lot of people talking about tapping on dashboard icons to toggle the state of devices. I’ve been using MobiLinc Pro for years, and always wished for that feature, and it has never worked for me. I can control devices and scenes by tapping on the gear icon (a much more awkward interface), but tapping on the dashboard button itself does absolutely nothing. I have looked through the gear screen, and the screens for individual switches and scenes, and I don’t see any controls that would allow me to turn this behavior on or off. How can I make this function work?
henrybowman

Re: Dashboard toggle

Postby AdminWes » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:46 pm

Tapping a device or scene icon will toggle the device. There are two reasons this may not behave in the way you expect:

1. If it’s not a quick tap, MobiLinc may instead start a Fade operation instead. Make sure it’s a quick tap of the icon.
2. If the device is a scene controller, then tapping the icon will control the scene instead.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby henrybowman » Sun May 26, 2019 10:25 pm

Wow, the problem is just user interface.

I've been tapping the rectangles (which is what I meant by "dashboard button"). That doesn't do squat. You have to precisely hit the ICON on the left side of the button. Hitting anywhere else on the button does nothing.

Not at all obvious!
henrybowman

Postby AdminWes » Tue May 28, 2019 11:53 am

Hi Henry,

This is something that was addressed and made more user-friendly in our newest MobiLinc app, MobiLinc X. It's free to try for 14 days and I'd encourage you to take a look at the new design/interface and see if it better meets your needs.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments