IPAD suggestions

We are in the planning stages for iPad support and have a number of new ideas to bring to the device, but we want to hear from you! What features do you want to see in MobiLinc on the iPad? How do you see yourself using MobiLinc on the larger screen format? Drop us your thoughts!

IPAD suggestions

Postby midrar » Sat May 22, 2010 5:55 am

With the Ipad, insteon users finally have an affordable big touch screen. Some suggestions I have is to include a nice thermostat view, weather link, and status of your favorite stuff from the home page. Many of us will use it as a wall and portable touch screen. So why not look at some of the higher end units such as Crestron that have unbelievable user interfaces and try to implement some of those great qualities. I am sure many of us would pay up to $99.99 for that type of interface.

**Throw in Elk M1G control for the ultimate control**
midrar

Re: IPAD suggestions

Postby AdminWes » Sat May 22, 2010 9:49 am

Hi midrar,

Thanks for the suggestions and an example of how you want to use MobiLinc on iPad! I can say that I am moving in the very direction you are referring to. I want MobiLinc for iPad to be something that people will WANT to mount to their walls for the ultimate in home control.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby midrar » Sat May 22, 2010 1:00 pm

Do you have a time frame of when you think the iPad app will be ready? Thanks...
midrar

Postby AdminWes » Sun May 23, 2010 11:42 am

Hi midrar,

No timeframe has been set. All I can report is that I'm hard at work on the new interface along with other features to bring to the iPhone version of MobiLinc. My plans for the iPad app are ambitious and as such take time to implement and get right. All I can ask is for your patience in the hopes that the wait will be worth it.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Panda88 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:27 pm

will it be possible to support conditional operations? E.g. use a motion sensor to execute different scenes based on time
Panda88

Postby AdminWes » Tue May 25, 2010 6:28 am

Hi Panda88,

The short answer is probably no.

MobiLinc's focus is to bring a user-friendly UI to the end user and expose the features of the host Insteon controller in a way that makes sense and how we as users want to interact with these host controllers. So, for example, while conditional operations are supported very well in the ISY controller, they are very limited in the SmartLinc and PowerLinc controller. MobiLinc simply brings an intuitive interface to these controllers but not try to duplicate conditional operations inside of the MobiLinc software that are already done better in the host controller.

The closest thing I'm working on that addresses conditions is an energy management plug-in for MobiLinc that works with only the ISY's conditional management interface by adding timers and intelligent scene management to devices and scenes. Look for this coming up in the next few months.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby geterry » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:08 pm

I'm currently using a Mac and SmartLinc 2412N. Just started using the app., and would love to have the ability to program my Insteon devices on the iPad.
geterry

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi geterry,

Thanks for the feedback. This too is a goal we have for the iPad/iPhone. For the SmartLinc we are investigating supporting creating scenes and assigning devices to the scenes as a feature request.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby midrar » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:08 am

Any idea when you will have the new iPad app read by?
midrar

Postby AdminWes » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi Midrar,

No date has been set yet. I'm still working hard on it! (Actually took a break from working the ipad version to respond to this.)

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Next

Return to MobiLinc and the Apple iPad