Landscape View

We are in the planning stages for iPad support and have a number of new ideas to bring to the device, but we want to hear from you! What features do you want to see in MobiLinc on the iPad? How do you see yourself using MobiLinc on the larger screen format? Drop us your thoughts!

Landscape View

Postby LHA » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:27 pm

We would like to have the ability to rotate for landscape views or be able to set one way or the other. We are planning the ability to mount the iPad on the wall for touch screen access in multiple rooms.

Brent
LHA

Re: Landscape View

Postby Porboy911 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:00 pm

I would have to agree with Brent. It has been a long time but still no properly working app for the iPad.
Is there word on when this is coming
Porboy911

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:19 am

Hi Porboy911,

We are hard at work on the iPad version. The iPad version isn't a simple port to the iPad, but rather a complete UI redeign to best take advantage of the larger screen size. Our plans are ambitions and I want this to be something you are happy to have wall mounted in your home. We are committed to bring MobiLinc to the iPad platform and ask for your patience while we work to bring MobiLinc to the iPad community.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jam10 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:18 am

I would like to see an option so one can add/change on/off times. Also, it would be nice to port all info from one device to another. I have my iPad all set up with specific device names for 32 units and want to transfer all of it to my iPhone and iTouch once the OS4 bugs are resolved. Thanks.
jam10

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:34 am

Hi jam10,

We are nearing a release of an optional plugin for ISY and MobiLinc users that will give you the ability to set energy management settings and custom timers for your devices and scenes. We are very excited for this feature and expect it to be released in August.

I'm also looking at a settings transfer option as you described. This is on my feature request list that is moving up in priority.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Porboy911 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:10 pm

Is this new Orchestrated Mobilinc your answer to the iPad? If so does this app work with landscape?
Porboy911

Postby AdminWes » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:37 am

Hi Porboy911,

The Orchestrated MobiLinc app is a branded version of MobiLinc for www.OrchestratedHome.com. They worked with me to create the Resource Manager plug-in for MobiLinc. Orchestrated MobiLinc includes the Resource Manager Plug-in with purchase.

My focus right now is still MobiLinc iPad and it will support both orientations.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Porboy911 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:55 am

Hi Wes,
We have been waiting a long time for this release. Any word on when the new version is coming out?
I have the iPads mounted in the wall for "home automation control" but this app still does not view landscape. Meanwhile most other lighting control apps for other products, not insteon, Have fully working apps.

I know you are working hard on this..

Chad
Porboy911

Postby AdminWes » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:54 am

Hi Chad,

Still going strong. I really appriciate everyone's patience while I work to get this released. I've brought on another developer to help with the Android port so that I can focus full time on MobiLinc for iPad.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Porboy911 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:41 pm

Dear Wes,

It has been over 4 months and still no fully working app for the iPad. I will have to look at other apps in order to control my insteon lights. This is too bad as I am an installer and iPad is becoming a huge part of the business.

Take care

Chad
Porboy911

Next

Return to MobiLinc and the Apple iPad